- Always lock and secure your vehicle.
- Never leave any valuable items inside your vehicle - laptops, telephones, iPods, purses, briefcase, backpack, cash and even loose change.
- Store packages in the trunk of your vehicle while shopping.
- Park in a well lit area that is visible from a window.
- Park vehicle in the driveway rather than the street.
- Report all suspicious activity to the police (911).
- Consider a car alarm for added protection.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Larceny from Auto Tips
Our CMPD Area Commander supplied this report of Larcenies from Auto from early January through early February. This is a common crime, but there are easy methods of prevention. CMPD recommends that you: