- Always lock your doors and roll up your windows.
- Never leave valuable items in your vehicle.
- Store packages in the trunk of your vehicle while shopping.
- Remove items such as laptops, GPS, telephones, ipods, purses, briefcase, backpack, cash and even loose change each time you leave your vehicle.
- If you use a window suction cup mount for any electronic device wipe off the circular mark made on the window by the cup. Criminals are targeting vehicles that have this mark on the windshield.
- Park in well lit areas at night.
- Park vehicle in the driveway rather than the street.
- Consider a car alarm for added protection.
- Call 911 if you see any suspicious activity.
Friday, August 27, 2010
CMPD has noted a recent rise in Larceny from Auto crimes. Positively, arrests have been made; however, many incidents could have been avoided. Please observe the following, especially the last item: